Frequently Asked Questions

  • Q. On-line Bill Payment
    A. At this time we have no facility for accepting online payment of water or tax bills. All bills must be paid to the township in person or by mail at our office: 4439 Huron Rd [US 23]. We accept payment in cash or by check; we do not accept credit or debit cards.
  • Q. Water service
    A. If you have questions regarding your water service or installing a new water connection for your residence, contact our water clerk at 989.876.8631.
  • Q. What is the township’s mailing address?
    A. 4439 Huron Road, AuGres, MI 48703
    This is the mailing address for all correspondence to Sims Township including tax bills, water bills, communications with our assessor, clerk, treasurer, supervisor, or trustees.
  • Q. Trash disposal services.
    A. Sims and Whitney Townships jointly operate a trash transfer station and recycling facility on Bessinger Road, about one(1) mile west of US23. We accept household trash for disposal and recycling. On Memorial Day and Labor Day weekends we offer a service to dispose of large trash items for a fee; fees are posted at the site.
  • Q. Mosquito control issues:
    A. APM provides mosquito control services to Sims Township. If you are experiencing mosquito problems you may contact APM at 1-877-276-4714. They can arrange a special service call to your property.
  • Q. Police protection
    A. Sims township contracts for police protection from the Arenac County Sheriff Department. This service is paid for by a special millage on all township properties. Call 911 for emergency service requests.
Sims Township
Navigation Bar